Mission & Vision
The mission of CLASS is to support people with disabilities as they explore options, participate in the community, and strive toward equality. We are "WORKING TOWARD A COMMUNITY WHERE EACH BELONGS."
The vision of CLASS is to be the provider of choice for people with disabilities and their families; to be the employer of choice for new and existing staff; and to be the investment of choice for individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
- We support the uniqueness, wholeness and dignity of each person. We shall strive to respond to the individual needs and preferences of each person we support and serve.
- We enthusiastically advocate for the rights of people with disabilities so they may fully participate in and contribute to community life. This includes enjoying a secure home, family, friends, education, services, and work they find meaningful.
- We view all human life as having equal and unconditional value. Each life should be nurtured, respected, celebrated, and fulfilled.
- We support the life-long process of personal growth and development of all people.
- We will take every opportunity to educate others and to advocate for the basic civil rights of people with disabilities:
- "The Right to prevention, early diagnosis and proper care.
- The right to a barrier-free environment and accessible transportation.
- The right to necessary assistance given in a way that promotes independence.
- The right to a choice of lifestyle and residential alternatives.
- The right to an income for a lifestyle comparable to the able-bodied.
- The right to training and employment as qualified.
- The right to petition social institutions for just and humane treatment.
- The right to self-esteem."
~ Bill of Rights for the Disabled
- We emphasize cooperation in getting things done through and with the people we serve.
- We vigilantly adhere to these values.